I had to look up what day we are on. Lockdown is very disorientating.
Make sure to take care of your mental health.
- Eat a balanced diet – I personally don’t think this is the time to “diet” – rather try to stick to a healthy balanced diet, with a bit of chocolate from time to time. Home baked treats are a little better than bought ones, as you know what is put into them! So get recipes online and meal ideas for what you have in the pantry. It is amazing what you can do with a couple of basic ingredients, if you try.
- Stay moving – even if it is just 10 minutes of walking, or hanging up laundry, or stretching (I highly recommend stretching)
- Do something creative – paint, draw, bake, write – anything, even if you don’t feel you are good at it.
- This is most definitely not the time to try wean yourself off antidepressants – just don’t!
- Enjoy the alone time, but keep in touch with your family and friends. This is a given, we have every opportunity, albeit digitally, it is better than nothing. Plan dinner or a braai with your family as soon as this all stabilises.
Some Current News
(Source – News24)
In case you missed it:
The tobacco saga continues to rage on, with the Presidency today telling News24 that minutes to a government meeting which ended in a decision to keep the selling of tobacco outlawed during lockdown is classified. The government indicated that it will oppose court challenges which look to allow for the sale of tobacco.
The “grace period” for travelling between provinces has passed. Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula ended the grace period at midnight on Thursday. The government had allowed a once-off journey for people who needed to cross provinces to return to work.
South Africans can move house again, as long as the country does not go back up to Alert Level 5. This is according to new regulations which say people and their household effects may move around South Africa on a once-off basis – even across provincial lines. But there are terms and conditions – including that any move must happen by 7 June.
(Use Host Africa for your website hosting needs https://my.hostafrica.co.za/aff.php?aff=132)