DAY 47 of lockdown, level 4
by Pam K
“Government interventions, including the travel ban and lockdown, have potentially averted at least 20 000 deaths, says a top scientist.”
I am sure I am not the only one that is so tired of reading quotes like this in the news. How many different experts, have how many different expert opinions? If you want to find your opinion, just read the internet until you find an expert who agrees with you. And you will …
206 people have died in South Africa from Corona Virus – but this means little to me if the percentage of tests done, don’t even feature on a percentage basis.
World Health Organisation (WHO) recommended six criteria for lifting lockdown restrictions.
1. That transmission is controlled.
2. Health system capacities are in place to detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact.
3. That outbreak risks are minimal in special settings like health facilities and nursing homes.
4. That preventative measures are in place in workplaces, schools and other places where people need to go.
5. That importation risks can be managed.
6. That communities are fully engaged, educated and empowered to adjust to the new norm.
Let us all just use a little common sense, we don’t need pages and pages of ridiculous government notes. But then again, maybe we do!?
In the news today
And finally – remember to wash your hands. I think this is the single most important and accurate advice we have received thus far.
That will be all SA!